Saturday, February 13, 2021

New Grain Mill mounting

Finally got the grain mill (a MaltMill from Schnmidling industries)  integrated into my main brewstand, instead of being freestanding (really, resting on a 5 gallon bucket).   I can now mill directly into my strike water- so milling and mashing-in are the same step.  Saves time! 

Control side, showing the hopper (still small, I need to feed it about 5-8 times during mashing in), the power switch, from where I stand for mashing in. 
Drive side.  I stand on the other side from this!  otherwise I'd definitely have a guard on the belt and pulleys. 
Full context.  The mash/lauter tun is the highest point, with the grain mill above.  The brewkettle is from Spike Brewing on the left.  The hot liquor tank is lower right, in this photo being fed with hot water from the kettle.  When I am able to get 220 VAC to the garage, I'll electrify and PID the HLT which will make life easier... 

No comments:

Post a Comment