Thursday, August 24, 2017

Getting through inspection: Golf check engine light, headlights, wheel bearing...


No pics from this round, as I did it in a bit of a hurry.  Golf failed inspection on three counts- bad rear wheel bearing (I knew it needed to be done but thought it would last a bit longer), headlight lenses were too clouded over (never heard of failing inspection for this!), and finally, the check engine light kept coming back on, no matter how many times I reset the fault code.  It was throwing a 'intermittent open circuit' for glow plug circuit number 3.

I installed a new wiring harness for the glow plugs, and 4 new plugs- that took care of the fault.  A headlight polishing kit from Autozone took care of the headlights, and I did the drivers-side rear wheel bearing.  Given my other experiences with wheel bearings on these cars, this one went surprisingly well!

No comments:

Post a Comment